Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NED

NED..  NED RYERSON. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. Ned Ryerson; Bing!
-Groundhogs Day

Groundhogs day is a classic that you either love it or hate it. I love it, Margaret not so much. Am I right or am I right, am I right, amirite?

We definitely had some groundhog days earlier this year in the battle. But we did it! We didn't just go through the motions in fighting this. We knew we would do whatever it takes and took a proactive route to find out what is the best path.  How can a disease with so few options have so many life altering decisions? Emory or Moffit? Moffit or MDA Anderson? Surgery/no surgery? IL-2 or TIL? Cream or sugar? Beatles or Stones? You can really drive yourself crazy second guessing yourself when dealing with something as serious as this, but when you have faith and choose a path knowing that it's in Gods hands and do it without looking back it's a powerful feeling and even more so when you get the results that you wanted. 

Our hopes going  into the appt on 12-6-11 were that the tumors were going to be stable. This was not the case. The tumors were gone. I don't have cancer. That's a good x-mas present. That was the results that we wanted.




We started our fundraiser in 2008 called MelaNoMo'! That name sounds fitting to me now and I plan on staying MelaNoMo'!  The battle is won but...... We will continue to be monitored closely by oncologist and dermatologist shooting for that pinnacle 5 year mark.  But for now I will take being NED (no evidence of disease).

I have to thank everyone who kept us in their thoughts and prayers. Some of you did something right so keep it up.

1 comment: