Friday, May 13, 2011

DING DING DING Round 3.

 
Monday was my midterm exam, CT of pelvis, abdomen, chest, and neck along with an MRI of the brain. I hate tests and there was no way of cheating on this one, but I got the results from the biggest test of my life on Wednesday and I passed. MRI clear!! CT of chest shows shrinking of tumors!! No new spots!! Amen!! This medicine that I have been cursing while in the hospital is working. I don't like stats because they are usually very skewed, but the percentage of response to IL-2 is 16%. That means if 10 people are recieving this drug only me and some midget out there get the response that you want. (I do pray that I see Mr. White on Monday, we both started IL-2 together, and hope he got good news also). But we are seeing progress and it feels good to catch a break.

So round 3 of 4 is on Monday. Also I will celebrate my 26th birthday on Wednesday in style at the hospital with popsicles and pain pills. Times have changed.

I have to thank everyone for the prayers, inspiration, and motivation this past week the medicine only goes so far we need to give some credit to the Big Guy.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha...you still gotta pick on little people. I guess they like their odds. We'll find a way to celebrate in style Wednesday. Maybe even find a way to score some bomb pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continous effort-not strength or intelligence-is the key to unlocking our potential...Winston Churchill

    You have the potential to lick the melanoma...not just the popsicle, my dear friend. Personally I am just happy as hell-o that you are celebrating another Bday Wed. Get the word out now to all the staff so you can really milk it Wed. They will be treating you like a king. Of course you will be so drugged, you may not realize it.Gilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do y'all already have the date for Melanomó this year?

    ReplyDelete