Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Intro.

3-23-2011

There are many bloggers out there with new wacky recipes, funny stories from work/school, travel excursions, home repairs, etc. Very  light hearted feel good stuff, or why would you publish them to the public. So that is what I am attempting here, but my subject lies more along the lines of cancer. It's not as light-hearted, but it is what it is and we deal with a positive state of mind. Fact: cancer blows, but to get me through the Dr visits, surgeries, scans,treatments, etc. is to just make light of it. It is so damn dark and depressing that we refuse to get wrapped in it and let it control our lives. So if Margaret and I have to make fun of the old guy farting next to me in the waiting room, laugh out loud at the string quartet that are currently playing like the titanic is going down, or just gossip about other peoples timeline, to make me feel better about myself so be it. I am 25 years old and don't belong here, but while I am, I will do the same thing I expect any of my family or friends to do and laugh about it.

Also the main goal on this blog we be a way that I can keep everyone updated on what new has been going on with me in my fight against Melanoma.

bio:I am Neil Gaines married to the WONDERFUL Margaret Gaines R.N. we have a golden retriever Stoli, currently working at the family biz North Georgia Label and have been battling melanoma on and off again since May 2008. 
medical hx and current status:  Diagnosed with stage 3a melanoma in 2008, had 3 surgeries and a year of interferon and finished August 2009. I decided to go ahead and get married while I was cancer free in March. November 10-reoccurence-surgery. Febraury 11-reoccurence-more surgery. March 11-1 week of radiation then reoccurence on my chest to bump me up to stage 4.
Stage 4 finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment